Tuesday 8 December 2009

I Remember

I know, there is an English song..to this effect. But what do I do?
The first time I heard this song, I think I definitely needed a hearing aid. Got the lyrics jumbled up and thought why should someone be singing such utter rubbish!
My children, God Bless them, get into fits of laughter..Mom you are so funny !! (ok, I am mad, strict, crazy, odd, cute, lovable, adorable , depending upon the mood and the requirement of the moment, but then, those are the vagaries of motherhood and occupational hazards).
Since I am on the topic of English Songs, whatisitwithyouguyswhosingthosesongs? Can't you pronounce correctly, so that people like me can understand whateveritisthatyousing? Or am I destined to remain like hoi polloi and keep wading into the language and the lyrics of the songs to figure out what it means, both literally and figuratively?
And why can't what you sing make sense at all?
Ok, I know I sound like my Ma again. And can totally understand her frustations now that I have teenagers bounding around.
But still, ladies and gentlemen, who croon to glory, please, can you read, write, sing English and sense... especially in all those songs I do not understand?

No comments: