Tuesday 8 December 2009

Noises or Voices

I was asked the other day...why is your blog called Noises, and not Voices in My Head...
Well, the voice is always mine. I haven't so far heard any one else's there. But there is so much going on in there that a car mechanic's workshop would be a quieter, saner place. Questions..Arguments, Ping Pong Debates, A spirited discussion, are all generated within the self and go about ,without intruding in my normal life. They are a part of me.

But there are those other external noises which intrude and bang - bang away on the skull
A clip clop clatter...of heels, the pattering on keyboards , the incessant ringing of telephones, the non-stop talking of people around me, and oh..the horrendous multi-toned jangling and ringing of cell-phones (oh please, people, haven't you heard of the word "Melody"? Why do you have to take up the latest of Himesh Reshammiya's or Mika's nasal twangs and leave us all gasping for breath each time your wifey, kiddo, brother, aunt, uncle, cousin, distant cousin and the third removed call??)

Why do those noises poke into my own and create a ruckus..a cacophony, which I cannot bind in, which needs to be let out and released? All those pieces of my mind which if not let out, will not leave me with an iota of peace within?

No comments: