Tuesday 18 August 2009

Conversations through Silence

Am trying, to learn, how to converse..
Again, I agree...
But this time, through silence.
For a person who talks a lot, and has internalised conversations, it's asking for a lot.
To understand nuances, gestures, moods, looks.
To catch the numerous strains of thought that flow from others to me.
To be warmly receptive enough so that I do not to scare the other persons' thoughts away...
And to be moderately aloof, so as not to appear intimidating.

I am not perceptive, so this is actually a tall order. But with a few hiccups and goof-ups, I am, s-l-o-w-l-y, oh, verry frustatingly slowly, learning.
But what a learning this is...
A can mean Zee, and Zee can mean D....
A new code language...where nothin's whatusee...
You start from Omega and jump to an E
Why does all this sound like Pharsee to me!!

4 comments:

ShantanuDas said...

Welcome to the club!
I like silence best for communicating [except for those things at office- haha!!]

Medieval Or Modern said...

The welcome is fine....I could do with a drink tho....
Tough job.
:D

ShantanuDas said...

ho ho!!

Medieval Or Modern said...

Another Ho... and you will be officially termed as an Early Santa Claus!!