Sunday 3 May 2009

Youth knocks again


At my doorstep.
Ok, now the people who do know me, give me a break. I haven't any plans to hit doddering heaven for quite some time. Though one look at me, and I know, I know, you all burst out laughing. Youth and me ????

Hello, I wasn't talking about Youth, But, THE YOUTH. the one who knocked ... on my door. And all I did was, peeped through the peep-hole, and decided not to open the door. This youth.. was the burst of SUMMER...too hot, too humid, too dusty and too irritating to even bother about. Too much energy for my poor old bones to handle. He gives me a rash!!

I could do with the winter again. Discontent soul that I am!

I crib in the summer,
I crib in the rain,
I crib in the autumn,
till it is winter again!!!

But Summer, It just drains me. I feel like a Dishcloth, limp and lifeless, lying around.... .

Summer fills me with longing....deep, in the bone longing for the cool night (?) and the moonlight. Where I can still weave some gossamer dreams perhaps! And knit a thousand thoughts around.... knit, twirl...knit, twirl.... .

No comments: