Tuesday 13 January 2009

I talk to myself

The other day, I was walking by, and having a conversation with "ME". There surely is someone sitting there in my mind...who keeps poking in and saying helloooooooo or something or the other. And most often or not ...it says , "WHAT...what the dickens was that you just thought about". Now what did I think which so shocked my inner self, I say.
Why do I think like that, why do I get angry? Why do I feel depressed? Now obviously, that is not all the times, otherwise, there would have definitely been a problem with me. I do talk to visible people also, and quite a bit. But looks like the need to converse, or make myself heard is much more within, and that gets somehow supressed, so I talk ...to myself.
I quite like this inner person, you see...who keeps jabbering back and forth..and questioning me about what I BELIEVE i am... So more often than not, the conversations are quite hilarious and interesting. Hilarious... becoz I see what the heck my physical self has been upto in the day. And the best part is when I think back, on what i was or perceived i was, and what i am today. Nostalgia they say, is a powerful tool to forget the bad, and remember the good. Ahhhhhhh for the good old days, so says everyone. Haven't heard a "ohhhh what bad old days". Though I am sure we all have our good times and bad times.
So I talk... to myself. In common parlance, that means I have a loose link in my brain.... . But till that link falls of, I will continue conversing with Me....

2 comments:

ShantanuDas said...

ACCHHA hai... ki this inner chap did not talk to you when you used to drive the car!!!!! Ahhh!!

Medieval Or Modern said...

what a sheer loss....waste of SOOOOOOO MANY HOURS at Mahipalpur crossing :D